CollegeJersey.com

Monday, December 31, 2007

A Very Quick Humanitarian Bowl Preview

GEORGIA TECH (7-5) vs. FRESNO STATE (8-4) - Dec. 31, 2007, 2pm ET (ESPN2)
Out of all eight ACC bowl games, this is the one I have the least handle on. I really have no idea how Tech will come out playing for interim coach Jon Tenuta, and I really don't know much about Fresno this season. Nonetheless, the corps of Yellow Jacket RBs should have a field day against a poor Bulldog rush defense.

It's the mindset of the Ramblin' Wreck that makes this one such a mystery. I don't think any result this afternoon would surprise me. Which then brings me back to simple matchups...Georgia Tech is better in basically every significant one, except in the passing game. An inept Taylor Bennett vs. an unimpressive Fresno secondary could mean some big plays either way, cringe-inducing exhibits of incompetence, or a smattering of both.

Georgia Tech 23, Fresno State 17

No comments: