CollegeJersey.com

Saturday, September 22, 2007

I Immediately Regret These Decisions

"I could be wrong, but I believe 'diversity' is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era." - Ron Burgundy

It's that kind of pompous, bad-game-show intellect that apparently led to some of my previews and predictions for this weekend. I sensed that an upset or two was in the works, but I certainly chose poorly in picking which contests would result in said upsets. To wit...
Prediction: The first milestone of the Tom O'Brien Era. I'm either a genius or a fool with this pick. N.C. State 24, Clemson 21
Clemson 42, N.C. State 20. I'm a damned fool. Clemson owned the Pack all day long. Maybe these Tigers are different. After an inexplicable absence last week, Davis and Spiller were brutal today. And this Cullen Harper chap is unflappable.

And...
Prediction: This is not another run-of-the-mill 7-5er from Chan Gailey. Georgia Tech 30, Virginia 16
Virginia 28, Georgia Tech 23. This is sooooo another 7-5er from Chan, and if it does end up that way, it's time to show him the door. Everything was laid out perfectly for the Jackets this year, yet he can't even make it to October without cacking away the entire season. And damn you Cavs for that crapfest at Wyoming three weeks ago.

And...
Prediction: I'm not all that impressed with the Aggies yet, but Miami is too much of a work-in-progress, and they simply don't have the firepower to win even a quasi-shootout if that's what it comes down to. If A&M scores more than 21, it's over. Texas A&M 24, Miami 17
Miami 34, Texas A&M 17. At least my reasoning wasn't all that bad, except for the whole Miami doesn't have enough firepower part. And that it's over if A&M scores more than 21. But I was right to be unimpressed by the Aggies.


Mmmm...this crow is delicious, but it is filling.

No comments: