CollegeJersey.com

Thursday, December 4, 2008

I sure hope I can snag a ticket to the ACC Championship Game...

...that is, if it's still being held. I could've sworn I read a number of articles last year that stated the game was to take place right here in my backyard in Tampa. There are scattered reports out there indicating this is still the case.

But you wouldn't know it driving around town, reading a newspaper, watching the news, or listening to the radio throughout the Bay area. If it's possible for there to be anti-publicity for an event, then that's exactly what's happening with the ACC Championship Game in Tampa this year.

I noticed this a few weeks ago and got a little concerned. My concern intensified this past weekend after the less-than-sexy-but-nonetheless-just rematch of Boston College and Virginia Tech was solidified. Now, it's two freakin' days from the game and I've seen more hype and promotion around town for dental seminars at the convention center than I've seen for this event.

I don't know where the fault ultimately lies, but the city of Tampa and the ACC won't have a single solitary defense when 32k show up for the ACC's crown jewel football event held in a metro area of 3 million people.

As for me, I'm looking forward to getting lower bowl seats at the 50-yd line for pocket change on Saturday morning.

No comments: