CollegeJersey.com

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Preview Disclaimer 2008

Team-Preview-O-Rama begins tomorrow, so please take the following into account when poring over my predictions, prognostications, and such:

--For those looking for long, in depth, thesis-length previews, you will be disappointed with mine. If you want catechism-esque excellence MGoBlog-style, sorry. I got tired just reading that...there's no way in hell I could write 12 previews of that length, at least not before the earth crashes into the sun or Joe Paterno retires, whichever comes first. Anyway, I'm not going to tell you much more than the folks at Athlon's, Lindy's, Sporting News, CFN, and Phil Steele already have. Here, you'll get concise, knowledgeable (well, mostly), possibly witty, and very opinionated outlooks.

--I will be projecting each team's probable wins, losses, as well as some I-don't-have-a-clue games. Just because I predict Team A to knock off Team B does not mean that I think Team A is the flat-out better team. Other factors such as when the game is played, where the game is played, and who those teams face before and after, play a crucial role. And the accursed Thursday Night Factor is probably going to screw everything up anyway.

--Keep in mind that 50% of ACC clubs (Boston College, Miami, North Carolina, N.C. State, Georgia Tech and Duke) are in Year 1 or Year 2 with their current coaching staffs. That's a hefty percentage of the league in which I can't use a lot of past performance as a solid basis for this year's outlook. Just covering my ass here if and when some of these previews turn out to be near-slanderous.

--I'm a Florida State grad and fan, so my 'Nole preview will likely have a much different tone and style than the others. That means I'll have more in-depth factoids about the Seminoles than you care to know, and I'll either be overly optimistic or comically despondent about FSU Football Version.2008.

--Forgive any seemingly dumb mistakes that may appear in a preview, such as listing a player as returning for this season, when in fact said player is out for the year because he accidentally severed an appendage in a freak human-skateboard mishap last week. I try to stay well informed on each program, but if I goof something up, let me know and please have mercy on my soul.


Extremely careless offseason activity

No comments: