CollegeJersey.com

Sunday, July 2, 2006

Greetings

So I've decided to join the blog universe and allow the entire free world the experience of viewing my impressions, opinions, ramblings and such about one of my favorite subjects, college football, and more specifically, Atlantic Coast Conference - ACC - football, so allow me in advance to apologize for any assininely (not sure that's an actual word) annoying takes you may find here. College football is the greatest sport in the world, and I spent many a fond afternoon of my college days watching ACC football (1995 Florida State grad), so this is where my focus will lie.

I'm sure many, most, or all of you will find an FSU slant and/or bias here, but I'm gonna call it as I see it. Why not just start an FSU blog? Well, I feel like I've done that already on many a message board over the last several years and also, I figure the broader the topic, the easier for me to find something to write about. Why not just start a general college football blog? Well, it's already being done quite capably by many others and I have no desire to try and "compete" with the blogs I already enjoy reading myself. I had a limited - but enjoyable - experience in writing about ACC football in the past (I wrote for collegefootballnews.com a few years ago), so this will be my niche.

To be clear, this will not be a blog about ACC basketball, baseball, track & field, soccer, academics, and so on and so forth. You might see a musing here or there about those topics, but this blog is first and foremost about ACC football, secondly about college football, and lastly about anything else that strikes me as blog-worthy. And this being the dead middle of summer, there may be many miscellaneous non-ACC football topics posted here.

So here goes. Thanks for reading.

No comments: